Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Homemade Quick Sreekhand...



My husband and I have this huge sweet tooth and there is usually something sweet in the fridge to bite on after dinner or lunch.. This dessert is Vinod's favorite and every time I make it he licks the bowl clean! It takes 10 minutes to assemble the ingredients and make the dish.. but you need to prepare the curd overnight to get thick cheese like hung curd.
I hope you enjoy the recipe....
Ingredients ( serves 2) :
-2 cups [400 gms] of set curd ( I used nestle set curd)
-2 Pinches of saffron
- Castor sugar ( according to taste)
- Chopped peanuts and almonds
- 3 tablespoons of warm milk.
-2 Tsp of nutmeg


Method:
1. Hang the curd overnight in a muslin cloth.. and let the water in the curd drain out so, that you are left with thick cheese like curd.

2. Throw away the drained water .Put the thick curd in a bowl & add the Castor sugar, Nutmeg,Chopped nuts,milk and saffron.

3. Whisk all the ingredients together and put it in the fridge for about 2 hours. 

4. Serve Chilled... Its yum! 





3 comments:

  1. Good venture... all the best, I will certainly try it out.. Poornima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic...keep it up!I remember in 80s I used to make it with the 'labneh'which we get in Dxb.

    ReplyDelete