Thursday, November 7, 2013

Butterless Eggless Chocolate Muffins


My first attempt at baking muffins and wow they do look yum..don't they?  Actually Samarth has been asking for chocolate muffins for the longest time ever. I have been promising him and procrastinating at the same time. Finally today I had some extra time in the kitchen so I thought I will get set and bake...only to realize that I have run out of butter. 

Here is a quick recipe for butterless and eggless muffins that are made from wholewheat chapati flour (which makes them healthier as compared to those made with all purpose flour).

You will need:

1.5 cups of flour (chapati aatta)
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of choc powder (I had nesquik lying around)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp vanilla powder
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
A few pieces of milk chocolate

Get baking:

Sift the dry ingredients together and make a well in the middle and add the wet ingredients. Make sure you don't mix it too much. Add the pieces of chocolate and combine together.


Preheat the oven to 230C. Pour tthe mixture to only half of the silicon mould and bake for around 20 minutes. I have a small tray and only 7 moulds could  go in at a time. Plus mine is a convection oven so I had to adjust the baking time accordingly.

If you are a newbie like me...keep checking the muffins as they swell and settle. Poke with a skewer and if it comes out clean then the muffins are done.


Edited to add :  Tastewise.... very very moist and just the right degree of sweet!!! Am motivated to try more recipes now






No comments:

Post a Comment